I recently purchased a Breville Blend Active Family Blender and I have been since experimenting with different smoothies and shakes. The best thing about this particular blender is there is no mess because you drink straight from the blender. All you do is switch the blade for a lid. The family set, which is what I got, comes with two 300ml bottles and two 600ml bottles. I thought this set would be handy for me as I have a toddler who hates loud noises! So when he is asleep or not around I can pre-make my smoothies and freeze them to save him the trauma.
These are my top 3 favourite shake and smoothie recipes:
Peanut Butter, banana and chocolate shake
This one really satisfies my sweet cravings and tastes a little bit like a snickers!
- 300 ml of skimmed milk (or an unsweetened alternative of your choice)
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp of Choc Shot (or add chocolate protein powder to make it more filling)
Mixed berry and kiwi smoothie:
The kiwi in this one really adds something extra to such a classic smoothie choice.
- 100 ml of skimmed milk (or an unsweetened alternative of your choice)
- 100 ml of water
- 1 tbsp fat free natural yogurt
- 1 tsp of sweetener
- 1 ripe banana
- Handful of frozen mixed berries
- 1 Kiwi
Ultimate breakfast smoothie
This one tastes so good but is also very nutritious. It contains spinach which is really good for you and it’s the only green I put in my smoothies because you really cannot taste it! The oats in it make it perfect for breakfast because they keep you fuller for longer.
- 150ml water
- 1 ripe banana
- Handful of oats
- 1-2 tbsp fat free natural yogurt
- 1 cup of frozen mixed berries
- As much spinach as you want
I hope you enjoyed this post and try out some of the recipes.
*This is not sponsored and I was not given the blender to review.